CentacareCQ is your essential care provider during the COVID-19 outbreak
Posted on May 1st, 2020
Central Queenslanders can rest a little easier knowing they are in good hands as CentacareCQ continues to provide essential services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
All services, including aged care and disability services, family support, counselling , transport services, home and yard maintenance and the Family Relationship Centre, are still in operation; the only exception being Social Groups, which had been cancelled in early March due to restrictions put in place by the Department of Health.
Following advice from the Department of Health and the Australian Government, CentacareCQ has implemented measures to ensure the safety of our staff and clients during this time.
Aged Care and Disability Services
Aged care and disability services (including individual support services, and National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) related services) are still being conducted with the following measurements in place:
- 5 metres distance must be maintained between people during service.
- Appropriate protective equipment will be used during service (this may include gloves, disposable gown, eye protection & surgical mask).
Clients are still able to receive the following Out of Home Services including:
- Shopping for food or other supplies (no window shopping)
- Attending appointments including medical appointments
- Attending another household – in line with social distancing
- Dropping the client off at an alternative location
- Other essential trips (please confirm at the time of booking).
CentacareCQ’s transport services continue during the COVID-19 pandemic with a number of safety measures in place to help reduce the risk of infection.
- 1x client per vehicle (1x carer is also permitted).
- Group bookings no longer available, with the exception of Renal Services.
- Clients & carers are not permitted to sit in the front seat.
- Vehicles will be disinfected between each trip.
- Services available from 6am to 1pm (Monday – Friday).
- CentacareCQ to arrange taxi services outside of these hours.
Phone / Video Chat
The following services are being offered via phone and web chat:
Home & Yard Maintenance
CentacareCQ’s Yard Maintenance services continue; observing social distancing and PPE usage advice by the Department of Health.
For a full list of CentacareCQ’s services and the safety measures in place, click here.