CentacareCQ is a social services organisation offering professional and confidential counselling to people of all ages and walks of life.
Our aim is to encourage and strengthen individuals, couples and families to continue to develop and grow. You can expect your counsellor to be respectful, non-judgmental, genuine and confidential.
Sessions last about one hour. The number of sessions will depend on you, and will proceed at your pace. A referral is not required.
Counselling can help with many issues including:
- Personal development issues, i.e. self-esteem or assertiveness
- Grief and loss
- Stress management
- Conflict resolution
- Separation or divorce
- A stepfamily adjusting together
- Parenting issues
- Any other issue that is negatively affecting your life or relationships
- Are all tertiary qualified
- Are approved as Family and Child Counsellors by the Attorney General Department under the Family Law Act
- Receive regular professional supervision and training
- Hold Suitability Cards for Working with Children issued by the Commission for Children and Young People
In your first session your counsellor will speak with you about what has led you to seek counselling. At the end of the session, you will discuss with your counsellor whether further counselling would be helpful.
Sessions will concentrate on your concerns and how you may work to resolve them.
How Much Does it Cost?
Your first one-hour session is provided free of charge. After the first session, fees per hour are charged according to level of income. Please see the Counselling fee schedule for more information Clients can discuss any concerns about fees with their counsellor.
To make an appointment, call 1300 523 985
Note: it is the policy of CentacareCQ that no client will be refused a service based on an inability to contribute a fee.
This CentacareCQ service is funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services.
From the blog
Posted on August 16th, 2017
Accessing the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) may at first seem overwhelming, but CentacareCQ has a free and simple solution…