Don’t gamble with your safety
Posted on May 19th, 2020
CentacareCQ is serious about taking measures to ensure you stay safe during the COVID-19 outbreak.
As an essential service provider, we have a responsibility to ensure you are getting the support you need.
There are a range of different ways you can still receive your services from us. Below are some suggestions of how to best protect yourself from the risk of infection.
- Sitting in the rear passenger seat of the car when travelling with a staff member.
- Request CentacareCQ staff to do your essential shopping for you practice social distancing (1.5 metres) and avoid physical contact (such as shaking hands or hugging). Use hand gestures such as waving or a ‘thumbs-up’ to communicate
- Practice good hand hygiene regularly
- Open windows in your home for good ventilation
- Use Pay-Wave or other wireless payment methods instead of cash
- Stay in a separate room while any in-home services are being conducted
- Dine in and have your food delivered to your door.
Protect yourself while getting the support you need.
Your best methods to protect yourself against Coronavirus
Good hygiene and taking care when interacting with other people are the best defences for you and your family against Coronavirus. This includes:
- Covering your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue
- Disposing of used tissues immediately into a rubbish bin and washing your hands
- Washing your hands often with soap and water, including before and after eating, after going to the toilet and when you have been out to shops or other places
- Using alcohol-based hand sanitisers (at least 60% alcohol), where available
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently used surfaces and objects
- Stay at home and avoid physical contact with others, except when you need assistance or care
- Avoid non-essential travel
- Consider having the chemist deliver your medicines
- Consider having your groceries and essential items delivered to your home
- Stay 1.5 metres away — 2 arms’ length — from other people, when you can
PLEASE NOTE: If you discover you are displaying symptoms of Coronavirus, are suspected of having Coronavirus or have been diagnosed with Coronavirus, please call us IMMEDIATELY on Call 1300 523 985
To view our full list of services available during the COVID-19 outbreak, click HERE