Posted on December 18th, 2018
THE generosity of one Rockhampton business could be described as the size of a school oval.
Evans Edwards Accountants | Auditors | Business Advisors were the first local business to jump on board the School Savvy appeal, providing both a monetary sponsorship and branded stationery donation.
Practice manager Tamara Schillaci said it took very little convincing to get behind the initiative, which aims to provide low-cost school supplies to families in preparations for the new school year.
“Evans Edwards has always been strongly focused on supporting the local community, and we believe School Savvy is a fantastic opportunity to do this.
“Being a mother myself, I understand the challenges of budgeting for school supplies, and believe School Savvy will help so many families in the region with a better start to the school year in 2019.”
“As a business we are very excited to be on board, and it’s also been great for our team to be able to get involved and to support the cause as well where they can.
School Savvy assistant coordinator Danielle Mitchell said the initiative has been greatly received by a number of local businesses and individuals who have donated monetary sponsorships, stationery goods and preloved uniforms as the school year comes to an end.
“Every little donation will make an incredible difference,” Danielle said.
“We have had a number of other businesses who have shown their support including DC Motors, Almost Anything, Lifeline and Vinnies.
Danielle said residents, schools, individuals and businesses are invited to become involved with the initiative. Businesses who would like to be involved are encouraged to contact CentacareCQ to discuss sponsorship and donation opportunities available.
“We are asking families to consider donating uniforms from graduated students, uniforms that have been grown out of, any stationery that wasn’t used up throughout the year and any other general items that may be of use to a student beginning a new school year,” Danielle said.
“The community’s generosity will be used to hold pop up shops throughout the region (in Rockhampton, Capricorn Coast and Mount Morgan) to give students the best possible chance at succeeding during the 2019 school year.”
School Savvy Pop Up Shops will be held throughout January 2019. The dates are as follows:
- Rockhampton, January 14 – 18, 2019. 9am to 4.30pm at St Theresa’s Community Centre.
- Yeppoon, January 14 – 18, 2019. 9am to 4.30pm at CentacareCQ Yeppoon Office.
- Mount Morgan, January 17 & 18, 2019. 10am to 2pm at Mount Morgan School of Arts.
- Donating any preloved school uniforms to one of the School Savvy drop off zones
- CentacareCQ – 16 Bolsover Street, Rockhampton OR 5/15 James Street, Yeppoon
- Any Vinnies donation bin or store
- Packing a pencil case with basic school supplies that are commonly found on primary or secondary school stationery lists. Then, donate that pencil case to us so as we can provide it to a student in need.