New changes to Community Transport – what they mean for clients
Posted on April 6th, 2020
Our essential transport services are still in operation. Based on the advice and direction from the Department of Health, CentacareCQ has made some additional changes to our community transportation services. Details below.
The new changes we have made will help minimise the risk of spreading infection whilst ensuring the safety of our clients and staff.
These changes include:
- One client per vehicle (or one client and their carer).
- Clients & carers are not permitted to sit in the front seat.
- Group bookings are no longer possible. Renal Services are exempt from this change.
- Vehicles will be disinfected between each trip.
- Services are available from 6am to 1pm (Monday to Friday).
- CentacareCQ to arrange taxi services outside of these hours.
- Some destinations and journeys may no longer be possible – please confirm at the time of booking.
To read more about how CentacareCQ is providing other key services during the Coronavirus outbreak please click here