CentacareCQ offers Home Assist Secure to the Bundaberg & District region. This includes: Bundaberg Regional Council, and parts of North Burnett Regional Council including Monto, Kalpowa, Rawbelle, Eidsvold and Mount Perry.
As Bundaberg and district’s local Home Assist Secure (HAS) service we can provide information about:
- Home maintenance and repairs
- minor modification
- home security
Home Assist Secure allows you to:
- Make more informed decisions about home maintenance, repairs, minor modifications and security
- Have easier access to and within your home
- Feel safer living in your home
- Incorporate home security procedures and routines into your daily activities
- Increase your confidence about employing tradespeople
If you are eligible, and depending on available funding, you may receive a financial contribution towards labour costs for minor home maintenance or modifications relating to your health, safety or security.
To be eligible for a financial contribution, you must also:
- Hold a current pensioner concession card,
- Be unable to make use of alternative forms of assistance, i.e. QLD Community Care Services, Commonwealth Home Care Packages and Home Support Program, the Department of Communities, Department of Veterans’ Affairs, family or friends.
Home Assist Secure does not undertake maintenance or repairs considered to be the responsibility of the landlord (lessor) under Residential Tenancies legislation or tenancy agreements.
Funding for this program is provided by
Department of Housing and Public Works — Housing Services