Posted on September 20th, 2018
FROM movie days to mystery tours, crafts and country music, CentacareCQ offers a range of fun and interesting social group activities for members of the community.
CentacareCQ Blackwater is seeking few dedicated volunteers to assist us with the Social Support Groups.
Some of the fun roles undertaken by the volunteer includes:
Organising and setting up Group Activities
- Assist with completing venue assessments;
- Shop for materials and consumables e.g. morning teas, craft, raffle prizes;
- Set up materials and room preparation;
- Assist with food preparation.
Facilitating Group Activities
- Transport clients by car and 12 seater bus to/from/during group activity;
- Encourage and assist clients to participate in activities;
- Prepare and serve food and drinks to clients.
- Participate in volunteer support meetings with the supervisor and/or well-being sessions
- Comply with CentacareCQ’s policies and procedures, as per the Quality System (including current Workplace Health and Safety legislation) and relevant legislation.
Group activities enhance the physical, social and emotional well-being of participants and encourage people to engage with others.
If you are interested in becoming a CentacareCQ’s Group Activity volunteer, or would like to learn more, click here to apply or phone 1300 523 985